If you desire to BID on the property, all bidders must meet the qualification requirements set for in the "TERMS" section of this auction.
If you're simply interested in watching the auction, you do not need an account and do not need to be registered to bid.
For immediate assistance, contact 605-234-4214.
STARTING BID MEETS RESERVE!
Legal Description: Lots 7-12 Block 20 H.J. Kings Addition, Chamberlain, Brule County, South Dakota, LESS AND EXCEPT the West 40 feet of said Lot 12.
Parcel Ids: 29-180-20-0700 & 29-180-20-1100.
Real Estate Taxes: $2658.32 (2020)
All potential bidders MUST be approved by the Auction Company prior to bidding using the following requirements/terms.
1. Each party shall register with their full legal name, current mailing address, telephone number and email address.
2. Each party shall provide auction company with ONE of the following: 1) A bank issued pre-approval letter stating the buyer is approved for the starting bid of at least $190,000 and up to the respective bidder's maximum. 2) A bank/financial services company issued letter stating the buyer has cash and/or line of credit available for the starting bid of at least $190,000 and up to the respective bidder's maximum.
3. Buyer and Seller agree to execute a written purchase agreement within 24 hours of auction closing.
4. Buyer shall deposit $7500 (Seven thousand five hundred dollars) non-refundable earnest money at time of purchase agreement execution.
5. No Buyer contingencies of any kind are offered, nor will any be accepted. These include but are not limited to appraisal, financing, home inspection & home sale. Potential buyers are expected to have their financial arrangements secured prior to bidding. Buyers who are unable to close because of insufficient funds will be in default and the earnest money shall be forfeited.
6. Property Inspection: Each potential bidder shall be responsible for conducting, at their own risk, independent inspections, inquiries and due diligence concerning the property. Each potential bidder shall be liable for any property damage caused by any such inspections or investigations. Seller makes no warranty whatsoever about the property and specifically disclaims all warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or any warranty of habitability. Property sells in AS-IS condition.
7. Closing & possession date shall be on or before November 9, 2021 at Brule County Abstract, Chamberlain, SD. The closing fee shall be divided equally between the buyer and seller.
8. Merchantable title shall be conveyed by Warranty Deed. Owner's title insurance will be provided with the cost divided equally between buyer and seller.
9. Property will be sold by legal description only. Seller is not aware of any boundary issues. Should Buyer need to have a survey completed, it shall be at their expense.
10. 2020 Real Estate taxes due and payable in 2021 will be paid by the Seller at closing. 2021 Real Estate taxes due and payable in 2022 shall be pro-rated to the date of closing based on the most current county information.
11. Chisum E. Peterson, Broker and Peterson Land & Auction LLC, Brokerage Firm, represent the Seller Only in this transaction.
12. The laws of the State of South Dakota governs this agreement. Any dispute arising from the terms of this auction shall be brought in a court of Brule County, South Dakota.
13. NO Buyer's Premium for this Auction.
Not applicable - No personal property.
This is quite possibly one of the more unique locations and pieces of property we've had the privilege to sell in the original part of Chamberlain, South Dakota! This home sits on a huge .48 acre lot one block west of Main Street recessed into the north end of American Creek Campground! The one-owner home - since built new in the early 60s - has been well-maintained and ready for you to put your personal touches to it! The backyard workshop/pool building is 30' x 38' with over half the building insulated, finished and heated! Fantastic views of the Missouri River are just through the shade trees of the campground. Full or part-time, this property will make you feel like you're on vacation every time you step outside! Come prepared to buy!
Carefully review all descriptions, terms, conditions and documents. All potential bidders must register and will be individually approved by the auction company. More information, property data sheets, property disclosures, etc can be found under the "Documents" tab in the lot's detail. If you need assistance getting approved or have questions regarding the online bidding process, contact our office.