Here's your opportunity to practice your online bidding prior to the auction ending! Bid early, bid often and have fun...it doesn't cost a thing! Enjoy!
All potential bidders will need to be approved by the Auction Company prior to bidding using the following requirements/terms.
All prospective purchasers that have no prior real estate purchase/business history with Peterson Land & Auction LLC shall be required to submit a letter of credit/guarantee or proof of funds from an FDIC insured lending institution or financial services company prior to being approved to bid. Peterson Land & Auction LLC and the Seller shall have absolute discretion and authority to qualify or not qualify potential bidders. If you have any question as to your ability to bid, contact our office in advance of the auction.
1. Each party must register with their full legal name, current mailing address, telephone number and email address.
2. Buyer and Seller agree to execute a written purchase agreement within 24 hours of auction closing.
3. Non-refundable deposits in the amount of 10% of the final bid price shall be tendered by the purchaser at time of purchase agreement execution.
4. No Buyer contingencies of any kind are offered, nor will any be accepted. These include but are not limited to appraisal, financing, home inspection & home sale. Potential buyers are expected to have their financial arrangements secured prior to bidding. Buyers who are unable to close because of insufficient funds will be in default and the earnest money will be forfeited.
5. Property Inspection: Each potential bidder shall be responsible for conducting, at their own risk, independent inspections, inquiries and due diligence concerning the property. Each potential bidder shall be liable for any property damage caused by any such inspections or investigations. Seller makes no warranty whatsoever about the property and specifically disclaims all warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or or any warranty of habitability. Property sells in AS-IS condition.
6. Closing & possession date shall be on or before November 28, 2023 at Brule County Abstract, Chamberlain, SD. The closing fee shall be divided equally between the buyer and seller.
7. Merchantable title shall be conveyed by Trustee's Deed. Owner's title insurance will be provided with the cost divided equally between buyer and seller.
8. The listed legal description may change prior to closing as a portion of the property being sold is on the legal description of adjoining property of the same owner. Property will be surveyed prior to closing and the cost divided equally between the buyer and seller. Seller is not aware of any boundary issues.
9. 2022 Real Estate taxes due and payable in 2023 will be paid by the Seller. 2023 Real Estate taxes due and payable in 2024 shall be pro-rated to the date of closing based on the most current county information.
10. Chisum E. Peterson, Broker and Peterson Land & Auction LLC, Brokerage Firm, represent the Seller Only in this transaction.
11. No Buyer's Premium on this auction.
12. The laws of the State of South Dakota governs this agreement. Any dispute arising from the terms of this auction shall be brought in a court of Brule County, South Dakota.
Wow! What a rare find in this spectacular property! Offered on our online auction platform, this unique property is located approximately 20 miles south of Chamberlain, South Dakota and borders the Elm Creek State Lakeside Use Area! The "South 40" is just that. 40 total acres with almost 30 acres of nearly level to gentle sloping property bordered by gravel roads on two and a half sides! The balance of the property features abundant trees and creek on the eastern side of the land. The entire property enjoys the panoramic and dynamic views of the Missouri River and bluffs on the opposite side! The adjacent lakeside use area, known by most as "Keiner's Bottom," features a boat ramp, parking and fish cleaning area. For the people that call and ask about "something down close to the river"...look no further. Properties like this are a once-in-a-generation opportunity!
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the "Terms" and "Documents" tab for all information.
Directions from Chamberlain, SD I-90 Exit 265: Nine miles south on 344th Ave, three miles east on 259th St, three miles south on 347th Ave. At the stop sign, turn west onto the gravel-262nd St-and follow down through the river hills to the property.
Owner: Hickey Legacy Land Trust